With lightning-fast reflexes and an eagle-eye for strategy, you’ll need to outsmart your opponents on the chessboard while unleashing devastating combos and special moves in the arena. Master the roster of fighters, each with their own unique fighting styles and chess piece abilities, all based on traditional fighting game archetypes (zoner, grappler, rushdown, etc).
Are you ready to become the Checkmate Showdown Grandmaster?
The Chess and fighting parts are intimately linked by design; once a piece attacks the opponent, a fight is engaged. The attacker and defender will be able to make use of tag-assist by other pieces in proximity, and the attacker will have an advantage by having their Ultimate ready to rip from the get-go.
Built with the diversity of gamers in mind, Checkmate Showdown will let newcomers have a good time with an approachable control scheme but will feature all of the depth and precision expected by professional FGC players. Easy to pickup, hard to master.
True Test of Strategy & Skill
Checkmate Showdown will require a broad set of skills to become the best. Learn strategies for the board and elaborate combos in fights to make your way to the top. You will have to master every chess piece’s skillset to truly become a master!
Your board placement is KEY for a strong endgame. By strategically placing your pieces on the board, you could benefit both from attackers advantage AND tag-assist(s), depending on how many pieces are within their movement range to support your square. As each chess piece corresponds to a fighting game archetype, the choice of attacking with one or the other will be crucial.
Strong Competition System
Checkmate Showdown is created by a team of hardcore fighting game enthusiasts who understand the importance of competition in fighting games. The game aims to feature the most up-to-date matchmaking technology and balancing to allow for friendly (or not) competition.
Based in the heart of Montreal, the development team thrives from its proximity to the local fighting game community. The game is made by fighting game enthusiasts for fighting game enthusiasts. Transparency in how we move forward is key to making this a community-built game. Whatever idea you have to help improve the game, we’re ready to listen.
- Based on Checkmate.Showdown-TENOKE ISO release: tenoke-checkmate.showdown.iso (2,735,630,988 bytes)
- 100% Lossless & MD5 Perfect: all files are identical to originals after installation
- NOTHING ripped, NOTHING re-encoded
- Significantly smaller archive size (compressed from 2.5 to 1 GB)
- Installation takes less than a minute
- After-install integrity check so you could make sure that everything installed properly
- HDD space after installation: 2.3 GB
- Language can be changed in game settings
- At least 2 GB of free RAM (inc. virtual) required for installing this repack